Faisal bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
|Faisal bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa|
|Father||Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa|
|Born||12 February 1991|
|Died||12 January 2006 (aged 14)|
Faisal bin Hamad Al Khalifa (12 February 1991 - 12 January 2006) (Arabic: فيصل بن حمد آل خليفة) was a member of the Bahrain's ruling family, House of Khalifa.
Early life and activities
Faisal was born in at Al Sakhir Palace, East Riffa on 12 February 1991. He was the sixth son of King Hamad who has seven sons. Amongst his other titles, he was the honorary president of the Bahrain disabled sports federation. He was among those who organized the World Junior Endurance Championship in Bahrain in December 2005.
Faisal bin Hamad was killed in a car crash on 12 January 2006. He was 14. The accident occurred near Safriya, 20 km south of Manama, when he collided with a bus at high speed, left the road, and impacted the base of an advertising sign displaying his father's picture. It was revealed that it was actually the prince who was driving at the time. Prince Faisal was buried early the next day at Al Rifa'a Cemetery.
Titles and styles
|Monarchical styles of|
|Reference style||His Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Highness|
- 12 February 1992 - 6 March 1999: Sheikh Faisal bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- 6 March 1999 - 14 February 2002: His Excellency Sheikh Faisal bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- 14 February 2002 - 12 January 2006: His Highness Sheikh Faisal bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- "Al Khalifa Family". Royal Ark. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Bahraini King’s Son Dies in Car Accident". Arab News. 13 January 2006. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- Habib Toumi (13 January 2006). "Bahrain King's son Faisal killed in car accident". Gulf News. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
|This Bahraini biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of a Middle Eastern royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|